Finest Law internal complaint- handling procedure:
Users of our services are entitled to submit complaints to services that are regulated under the Compensation Act 2006. Our services are subject to these regulations. Any complaint submitted to us that is within the scope of the Legal Ombudsman Scheme Rules will be dealt with under these rules. These rules can be found on their website:www.legalombudsman.gov.uk. We will ensure that all parties concerned with the complaint are made aware of the complaint handling procedure and act in accordance with the procedures. This policy is a version of the essential clauses in our complaints procedures
- We strive to provide the best service possible to you and we are open to feedback from you because we feel that this will enable us to improve our services to our users. Your feedback may be about how we provide our services but also about the quality of the services that you receive from other users who sign up for our services. As much as we would like to receive great feedback, we understand that we may receive some complaints about our services.
- You are entitled to lodge your complaint by email, telephone or in person. However, we would like you also to express your grievances or concerns to us in writing as a follow up to any oral conversations. This will give us time to investigate and respond to your issues. We will, therefore, deal with an expression of dissatisfaction that you submit to us directly by telephone and/or in writing as appropriate.
- We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 5 working days by email. A copy of our complaints handling procedure will also be emailed to you so you are aware of the timescale for the procedure.
- We aim to respond to your concerns within one month of receiving the complaint. If we require more time, then we will contact you about this. Complaints will be received by the Business Manager. Please address all complaints in writing either by email to:firstname.lastname@example.org and/or to the following address: Julie Andrew- Business Director, Finest law Ltd, Kemp House, City Road, London EC1V 2NX.
- How we will investigate your complaint:
At eight weeks of receiving a complaint (or soon as possible after that) we will send you either:
a final response which adequately addresses the complaint; or
a response which explains why we are still not in a position to make a final response and gives reasons for the further delay; and
We will indicate when we expect to be able to provide a final response.
Our response will also inform you that you may refer the handling of the complaint to the Regulator-the Legal Ombudsman if you are dissatisfied with the delay.
- Where we decide that redress is appropriate, we will provide you with fair compensation or another form of redress for any acts or omissions for which we are responsible in line with our terms and conditions, and will comply with any offer of redress which you accept. Appropriate redress will not always involve financial redress.
- If we cannot resolve your complaint, then we are likely to subcontract the service to our legal advisor, or another appropriate firm with the relevant competence to resolve the matter effectively. We will need your consent for this so that we can pass your information to a third party.
- If you are not happy with the way that we have resolved your complaint, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Legal Ombudsman. You must contact the Legal Ombudsman within 6 months of our final response or within 6 months of your last contact with us.
- You should contact the Legal Ombudsman within 6 months of the legal issue /legal matter that was raised, and if 6 years have elapsed- then within 3 years from when you last noticed the complaint.
- Our services do not include any services that you agree to contract with any provider who advertises their services on our website. You are also entitled to complain to the Legal Ombudsman if you are dissatisfied with the services of a provider; Each service provider should have their own complaints procedure.
- The contact details of the Legal Ombudsman are:
- For Claims Management providers: write to Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6804, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ or email: email@example.com
- For Legal Services providers write to Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We comply with the Legal Ombudsman in accordance with the Legal Services Act (2007).
We keep accurate records of all complaints handled. Our telephone calls may be recorded for monitoring and training purposes.
- Either way, if we require more time to investigate your complaint further and provide a formal response, we will send you a receipt of your complaint within 8 weeks of receiving it; we will do our best to provide you with regular information if appropriate.
- Please address all complaints to ‘The Business Manager, Kemp House, City Road, London EC1V 2NX. Alternatively, you may email your complaint to email@example.com.